Saturday, May 24, 2008

The First Escape



Last weekend, I went for my first ESCAPE with the bunch of crazy fellas. I don't reckon that you could say it was a great escape destination, and the people there felt so Singaporish, it's hard to reconcile with the fact that I was away from sunny island. But, the company, was of course, great great great.

Firstly, I absolutely adore long bus rides, because buses are really nice to sleep in. I slept on and off, and halfway, we stopped at a food centre pitstop for a quickie. The neighbours "betrayed" the bunch for a supposedly nicer breakfast, in the form of prata love. Aiyah, but it wasn't that good either. I grabbed a dose of news for a quick read on the bus, but most of the time, I didn't understand the Malaysia local news, so it became quite boring. Though I do regret not bringing the piece of New Straits Times home for keepsake.

My shopaholic side acted up when we were at the jetty. This sunhat caught my eye and dear SSM decided to pay for it! Free shopping. I love. Then we went on a rollercoaster ferry ride, which everyone felt was horrid. Ah long and Dajie took the brunt of the hard ride, but I was lucky to escape the consequences because of a hardy stomach and a motion sickness pill.

Actually, when I reached the kelong, I felt that we seemed to be at a loss, not knowing what activity we should start off with first. The hardcore Mahjong people like JIAMIN indulged in their favourite pastime. I slacked around, took photos, caught a fish, went for island-hopping, and played lame games. The highlight of the day was the karaoke, I felt. We are naturally buay pai seh, because we sing loud loud for the whole kelong to listen. Damn shiok!

KKJ jokes and hotboy jokes kept us laughing throughout the trip. Really got no hot boys man (The Jonathan really no count)!

Anyway, I could still get 987fm on my radio. So, on the way home, I plugged in all the way and managed to catch the Travis rendition of "Oops I did it again". Magnificient! :)


Well, well, these few days at home weren't great, since Im down with flu and cough. Had to miss shopping on the first day of GSS and the JCRC meeting. With my siblings, I keep talking bad about my friends. Im a meanie, you see. But they reciprocate with their own stories, which keeps things fun. LOL. Huang Wei Ting is away in M'sia now, and we kinda miss her, bleah.

I had a teeny quarrel with my mum this afternoon, and now, I've decided I'm going for alone shopping and movie on Tue. For some therapy. Ha.
,
And who wanna catch Indiana Jones?

P.S: Im contemplating a new Laogong.

No comments: