Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Oh no, Getting too Old



Ok, my Christmas plan to go lights viewing at Orchard kind of backfired because I slept til 5pm after the stayover with my NPCC mates. But, nobody goes lights viewing with all the pitter-patter rain. It has been drizzling all day long, making it a moody and emo Christmas. Juz right for playing Khalil Fong's newest Orange Moon on my playlist. Fits nicely with the mood right now. A little blue, a little soul and a little R&B.

Not that I want to be contradictory, but this rainy Christmas eve has been quite a warm and happy one. I love my dear ol' NPCC mates because I feel most comfortable around them, and it isn't a gathering that I grudgingly lug myself to. They say people change, but these people that I've known for at least 5 years don't change much, do they? Same kind of jokes and banter, same kind of chemistry.

It's amazing how it's the guys who're doing all the chores at the gathering. The barbequeing, the washing up and the paying. Haha. And I have a new Shifu, though I very much don't want to acknowledge Mr Koon. Thanks for teaching me Bridge (I finally want to learn), though I sometimes play better than you. LOL. Ok, it's quite an addictive game after a while, though I'm still not soo good at it.

Also, Mahjong and Bridge are for the old (Hate to admit it), and the young now play drinking games. We're old and we can't afford to drink and get high. Haha. Ok, fine, we're boring. But I love boring old us.

It's a weird Christmas, and I love weird Christmases.

Seasons Greetings,
Moon

No comments: