Thursday, January 29, 2009

Big Deal about New Year



Random laughter in the living room. My Dad sits on a bench, stoning. We're offered new year goodies that I sometimes try to refuse. New Year sometimes is a big Q and A session, and I'm almost always at the receiving end of the questions. Yet, this year, there have been fewer questions, and it gets so boring I wished they could ask me more. Ha. I sometimes hate having to explain curriculum matters to my relatives. Because, does it matter?

We have pondered: Why no Mahjong playing, Karaoke belting or Wii playing traditions in the family? That would have been so much fun.

To me, the big deal about New Year is about clothes and fashion. I love wearing nice new clothes and scanning the streets to see what's hanging from everyone's shoulders this new year.

No comments: