Saturday, June 7, 2008

C for Couture



A lot has happened this week. There was the passing of one of the important figures in the fashion scene, France's haute couture designer Yves Saint Laurent. And that photo there is stunning and mesmerising. I would say it is very haunting. Yesterday was the funeral and pictures caught Valentino, John Galliano and Vivienne Westwood at the funeral to pay their tribute to the great man. Very impressive turnout, even Sarkozy and his Carla Bruni was there. (I actually thought I read that they've split, or was it something else?) A loss for fashion, but there will be more great men to come, we hope.

Also, Obama's quite confirmed to be the Democratic's candidate for the big Es, and I'm happy. I'm the big Singaporean Obama supporter and I sometimes have his face on my wallpaper. One reason because he's quite the charmer. They have already started putting presumptive Democratic Party's candidate as the title under his name in the news. WOOTX. Go away Hillary. And, I don't really think she's suitable to be Obama's running mate. Instincts.

Anyway, I'm flying off tomorrow and I'm both nervous and excited. It's going to be us three. Us three only. Gosh, and I'm like the leader in the group so I gotta be accountable for everything serious, like safety, money and more. But nothing's keeping me here, because...

IT'S THE GREAT GREAT GREAT ESCAPE you know?

No comments: