Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Don't Hurry your Heart



I ended up watching 'Driving Lessons' yesterday because Rushan had something on in the family last minute. Made me realise I really love going out alone. I was already out and on the bus since I had changed, so I messaged Jiamin to see if she was free. But, well, she was not. So I decided to catch the movie I had missed the other time.

Ben: "But you're in the middle of nowhere!"
Evie: "Then I'll cling on to the edge of somewhere!"


It was a strange but nice show, full of British humour and accents. Without subtitles, I had to strain my ears a bit because the character Evie speaks really fast. Ben is this weird and uptight kid with an equally uptight and crazily religious mother. He's brought up in a family where he was taught to be a true Christian. Well, I'd say it's not that this movie teaches you not to be a staunch Christian, it just tells you that you should shout "Fuck Off" when you need to.

I always thought that one should not use religion to justify their actions. Everything you do should be a personal choice. Like when you ask someone "Why are you a vegetarian?" and they say "I'm a Buddhist". It just doesn't really answer the question.

Anyway, before the movie, I got the new dark mocha frappucino at Starbucks. The person asked if I wanted whipped cream. I thought for a while and said yes sheepishly and was immediately overwhelmed with guilt. Haha, coz whipped cream is fat-heavy. But, god's will. This other lady took my mocha frap by mistake (I think she had like no idea what she ordered) and the person had to do another one for me. I thought it was a god-sent hint so I told the person I'd do without the whipped cream instead. Haha.

On the mrt home, I couldn't help staring at this guy's butt. His back pockets were really weird and they looked like two evil eyes staring right at you. So I stared back, until he sat down with his friend on the seats beside me. Then I couldn't help overhearing what they were talking about.

Evil pockets: "Can you picture Shirley as your wife?"
Normal guy: (pauses for a moment) "No."
Evil pockets: "Can you picture Karen as your wife?"
Normal guy: Maybe yes.
Evil pockets: Can you picture Catherine as your wife?"
Normal guy: (immediately) No.

Well, this went on for dunno how long with Evil pockets churning out random English names at speed rate that I wonder if these women really exist. Wow, they have so many female friends. I wonder why, since they looked like...sh**. I was looking at their reflections in the mrt windows while I listened in on their conversations.

Then evil pockets said: "I don't think you can get any wife without any braces"

OMG. I nearly laughed out loud.

WTH.

It was really a strange and nice day. or night. to be precise.

No comments: