Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jumping ship



The sun plus the breeze. There's good weather today, and there was a beautiful drizzle out there just now. Sometimes, I wonder how photographer comrade Gilad from Israel takes those amazing puddle shots after the rain. Why doesn't the ground over here sink enough for a huge puddle near some grand monument or pretty architecture? But I'm asking for too much. Each country's different.

I went out for Paparazzi's business meeting today. Still a bit worried bout the funds not coming in quick enough, but we seem to be in good shape for now. Am looking forward to a success! Ahah. Today should be the start of all the buzz coming up soon. Senior's camp plus hall foc. Event coverage and stuff. And there's school.

About jumping ship. I always seem to be plunging into some venture eagerly, then start to dread it. Then I jump ship. Change environments, change job, change social role, change position. For a change of mood. It's something good for me, but many might see it as being fickle. Like how I wanted to be Photog chair, because I know I can lead. Then after a year, I really wanted to just slack and be a follower, though there's always something innate in me that makes me look like the bossy one in the team. Then there's hall JCRC. I had fun sometimes, but this year, I utterly had to drag myself to some events I had no choice but to attend. So, I'm glad it's gonna be all over. I'm going to finish this job well, and move on happily to new stuff.

I hope I get the Biennale volunteer work. Art is fun. I hope the JCRC meeting is on Monday instead, so I can go for Night Fest at the museum. It's been some time since I last did some photography. I'm still going to be involved in hall next year, but on a minimised scale.

Meanwhile, I'm in a good mood today. I keep singing loudly to myself. I want to play some games. FOC should be now instead.

No comments: