Friday, October 24, 2008

Be Right Back

This time round, I won't be packing suitcases again. Most likely, I'd be packing big plastic and paper bags of books and clothes. You see, in about a month's time, I'd be moving out of 46-6-884, and it has just begun to hit me. There is a lot to pack, the transient and the non-transient, both the physical and the emotional. I don't know how it'd feel to see one side of the room empty, and I'm a little dreading it.

Everytime someone comes to our room, we'll be really proud to show off everything, from the tv down to our mini "photo galleries". (Last year's it was Simin's, this year's it's mine)There would be comments about how cosy our room is, and that's most probably because of the TV that I'm very addicted and glued to. On rainy days, the bed would also usually be nicer than home's. We would stand outside the room on some days staring into blank space or spying on some neighbours downstairs or faraway. I would mop and sweep the floor every Tuesday, unless I'm out. And if I'm out, someone else would do the deed of keeping the room clean. I have gotten used to our "triple room", and just as it has got more fun with one more person to share my many stories, I'm leaving.

Of course, I don't regret going to Taiwan, because that's what I want to do. But, I can't stop thinking of the many hall activities and room activities that I might miss out on. Skype and msn cannot replace all these. And the breakfasts, dinners and suppers. Do they have cheese bread toast in Taiwan?

And then there's a little bit of guilt that it's hard for SSM not to get a random roomie after I leave. We checked with Joyce and we're still exploring the different options.

I don't know whether everything will be the same again after I come back from Taiwan. Will I ever return to our 884 room with the scenic view and chilling wind? I'm telling myself I'd be back, no matter what. Nobody is going to take our room from us!!!!!! HAHA. Then when I'm back, we'll build everything from scratch again. The "MOON" on the noticeboard will go back on, and there'll always be someone sitting in front of the TV at alternate hours again. :) (I know SSM will not watch a lot of TV) :)

Also, on a concluding note, I've decided to start on "A Photo A Hall Day" project to document these "last" days. So everyone, please act normal if you see me with a camera. AND please don't pose.

No comments: