Friday, October 17, 2008

University



I had my laptop in my hand, the cover smeared with red glitter because I was holding it close to my body. Well, there was red glitter on the design for my grey tee. I waited patiently for the egg mayo sandwich from Cafe Express, as droves of people walked past me. Some I knew, some I didn't. But, I made no effort to acknowledge anyone. Nobody stopped to say hi. Well, I didn't really know them well.

We were talking about change yesterday and I professed that I'm someone who welcomes change. Then, it dawned on me that my life is actually full of routines. And usually I carry out these routines by myself. Today, I didn't spot Rushan in class and I received a message from her right after class that she wasn't in school today. Lost for a moment, I tried to think of a plan B: where to eat, where to wait for class.

So I was waiting for my sandwich. Now I've got my sandwich, and I'm sitting at one of those school benches you see everywhere in the university. It's mundane. I was trying to find a picture of a university and then I started looking around me. The architecture in this school is very unimpressive.I wonder why they plant so many bougainvillea in school. I'm not a very big fan of flowers.

I really do too many things alone. It gets too comfortable at times, and though I'm enjoying the comfort, I'm wondering if there's a problem with that.

No comments: