Monday, December 1, 2008

Fast Forward to the Weekend



This weekend is a happening one! There's the B & J's Chunk Fest as well as another Fash Bash. They're located so near to each other that I would call them a 2-in-1 package. We're set on going for the free ice cream so I'll MAKE them accompany me to The Cathay for a while for some retail therapy too. Then we could get a nice dinner at PS after that :)

I'm hitting Haji Lane with A Quek on Sunday too. Such a packed weekend...though I'm not complaining.

I was getting a little emo these few days but the 1142 gathering yesterday cheered me up soooo much. HUGS AND KISSES for all the nonsensical fun.

Mum and Dad have been complaining that every other country besides Singapore seems so unsafe with the protests in Bangkok, the Mumbai attacks as well as all the other unrest that has been reported on TV. I had to remind them that Singapore's not so safe too as we had our fair share of "possible" terrorist attacks a few years back. They once discovered maps that detailed attacks on Changi Airport, the US embassy in Singapore as well as a bus carrying US soldiers when police raided a house in Afghanistan. I just told them not to be complacent as anything like that could happen to us, especially if we're ill-prepared. Ok, I get very "preachy" when I watch the news with Mum and Dad. Sometimes, I even blow my top when people don't get the full picture of what's happening in the world and get all arrogant.

Maybe i should just cool down.

No comments: