Friday, May 30, 2008

Life?



This has been a weird week. For the first time, I truly realised how hard it was to lead life without talking to my mum. We were trying hard to spite each other and the feeling was unbearable. It came to the stage when I wasn't even angry at her anymore, and I knew neither was she, but nobody wanted to take the first step in mending the faultline. But, I'm glad it's over and we're better than before after a good talk. Ha. Since in the first place, it was a really small problem.

I went out alone on Tuesday, for a perfect day out and was disappointed when it started raining on the train ride. Twas hoping for the rain to stop and it did! Voila. The movie, Black Book, showing at the Picturehouse was superb. The plot is really good and I was totally absorbed in the show. And for 6 bucks only. Reminded me of Lust, Caution, it was as audacious as Lust, Caution and I even thought it was better than the Chinese version coz it went all out. I'd said catch it, before it's gone from the big screen. There's another new one coming on in June starring Rupert Grint and I might be watching that too since the tix is so cheap.

Bought two vintage tops from a shop in The Cathay and they were goddamn cheap. One was 20 bucks only. Gosh. They look oh-so-suitable to wear on my next big great escape, TAIWAN! (Can't believe so soon!) Then, I walked to Bugis, hoping to exhaust my Oktomat's film on the way, though I failed. Wasn't much to take. Walked around Bugis Junction. Shopping was ok, but food was good! A lot of new food outlets and the food junction has so much variety. Love there just for the food! Wootx.

Anyway, these few days, have been making some last minute planning for Taiwan, doing some currency exchange and collecting my tickets. :) Have been paying attention the Chees vs Lees case too, and me and Yi Ling had a fervent discussion about the saga at our lunch yesterday too. Well, if I have to take sides, I'd stand by the Lees, cause they appear too intelligent to fault them for anything, if I look at it objectively as a court case, and not from a political standpoint. But, well, I derived my stand from a narrow perspective derived from the Strait's Times daily reporting. Well, oh, well.

No comments: