Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Very Bad Dream



I dreamt of political persecution.

The whole dream revolved around this letter from NTUC Income(don't ask me, I don't know why). The authorities said they were charging me for political dissent (gosh I didn't know there was something like that). Apparently, I was part of this political society, and Chan Heng Chee was part of this society. She had written a book called "The Economy Dirty Politics" which angered the government (This is so unlikely). And they wanted to fine me $458. And I didn't have the money. My mum was screaming at me.

WTH.

I reckoned that this dream is a fair combination of what has been going through my mind these few days. Firstly, these weeks of foreign policy studies might have been stressing me out a little. Then I heard "horror tales" from Hedwig and Xiaoge about the local press system. I was reading an article on diplomacy regarding Chan Heng Chee. The fine, well, this is because of the "or gong seow si min" joke we have been throwing around since the National Day Rally. And money, my wallet is quite empty now.

Everything is so Freudian. Dreams, and the unconscious. And my innate fears.

No comments: